Solved! Comcast digital adapter and my Netflix DVD player

lzeeben

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011
With the forced upgrade to a Digital Adapter box for Comcast customers I have found that even though the comcast remote recognizes my LG Network DVD disc player, it does not switch to the Netflix menu. It remains on regular channels. And my Vizio TV remote does not work at all now on the TV so I can't get to Component 1 for my Netflix menu.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Solution

RESOLVED: Apparently it takes 32-72 hours for the activation to complete. Comcast doesn't tell you this.
2 days after my activation all devices are functioning properly.

One thing I will say is that when I was working with comcast customer service, after having no results they ended the chat with me when I was in mid sentence. That was pretty annoying...

lzeeben

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011

RESOLVED: Apparently it takes 32-72 hours for the activation to complete. Comcast doesn't tell you this.
2 days after my activation all devices are functioning properly.

One thing I will say is that when I was working with comcast customer service, after having no results they ended the chat with me when I was in mid sentence. That was pretty annoying after having to put up with all their B.S. that they are told to do. i.e., How are you today. What can we do for you. Oh I am sorry you are having so much trouble. etc.etc. This went on and on for 1.5 hrs. If they would have just got down to business and cut the crap I would have been much happier. They wasted 1.5 hrs. on chat and 2 days of my time. If they would have just told me after verifying that the devices were correctly installed, that it could be up to 3 days before activation was completed. So if anyone is experiencing the same thing. IT CAN TAKE UP TO 3 DAYS BEFORE ACTIVATION IS COMPLETED AND ALL DEVICES ARE FUNCTIONING PROPERLY, INCLUDING REMOTES.

Solution