Comcast: Nope, We Don't Want Netflix

Status
Not open for further replies.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Screw you comcast! I cancelled my cable tv service with you years ago and only have internet service from you because it's the only fast option around here (1.5mbps ATT dsl is NOT high speed in my opinion!).

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
I love Netflix!!! ..and prefer it to stay the way it is. I never watched so much anime in my life! The only thing I wish for Netflix is to add content before it goes on TV.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]slomoshun[/nom]Good..I don't need my cable bill getting any higher for crap I didn't ask for.[/citation]
Don't worry Comcast will raise the cable bill without adding a thing :)

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
What we have been seeing for years now is physical media being used less and less while forms of digital distribution is becoming more profitable and desired. Netflix was a wonderful idea that simply came late and they were intelligent for seeing this and providing streaming services as well. But the chances of them competing with the much larger giants is unlikely.

We live in a time where I can download a entire movie before I could go to the store buy it and come back. Where on our TV's with just a few button presses we are watching the movie or TV show we desire. Companies like Comcast are not going to allow NetFlix to remain a competitor. What you are going to see is Comcast and other providers giving you tons of content for cheap or even free with your current subscription and once NetFlix goes bust they are going to jack up the prices.

G

Finally a good decision by Comcast. I only pay for Internet from Comcast but I still think its a dumb ideal. I thought the whole ideal of Netflix was to drop cable TV or Satellite? That's what I thought internet streaming media was all about? Now Netflix wants to make a deal with Cable?
Now I know Netflix is desperate.

blazorthon

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]I just turned off my cable tv from them but kept the internet since I only watch about 3 shows each week and can download them from torrents the next day in HD so who needs netflix except dummies that have no other choices or lack the know how to download the shows and stream or transfer them.[/citation]

Please don't advocate piracy. Don't be surprised if your comment gets removed.

[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]What we have been seeing for years now is physical media being used less and less while forms of digital distribution is becoming more profitable and desired. Netflix was a wonderful idea that simply came late and they were intelligent for seeing this and providing streaming services as well. But the chances of them competing with the much larger giants is unlikely.We live in a time where I can download a entire movie before I could go to the store buy it and come back. Where on our TV's with just a few button presses we are watching the movie or TV show we desire. Companies like Comcast are not going to allow NetFlix to remain a competitor. What you are going to see is Comcast and other providers giving you tons of content for cheap or even free with your current subscription and once NetFlix goes bust they are going to jack up the prices.[/citation]

CDs, DVDs, and Blu-Ray are digital. Just because something is located on physical storage doesn't mean it's not digital. For example, almost all computer storage is digital and as of this decade, almost all media content is stored digitally.

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
I am confused. People still watch TV using a cable service? Or any service at all, really? Internet and people kind enough to share their wealth (independants) is all you need.

I haven't missed a single out of market NFL game, since leaving Direct TV because NFL Sunday Ticket (which DirectTV is owned by the NFL) raised their prices to 600 bucks a year.

I want to see 1 freaking out of network team, not 14 others. So why should I be billed for the 14 I don't care about?

Point is, nobody needs a pay for service and since they switched the streams over to digital (and I already own an HD-TV w/ an Analog (read USELESS) signal) I don't even get over the air TV and converter boxes don't come in HIGH DEF, only standard. SO don't bother with that either

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
[citation][nom]blazorthon[/nom]Please don't advocate piracy.
CDs, DVDs, and Blu-Ray are digital. Just because something is located on physical storage doesn't mean it's not digital. For example, almost all computer storage is digital and as of this decade, almost all media content is stored digitally.[/citation]

+1 for the piracy comment
physical media being used less and less while forms of digital distribution
-1 for trolling NuclearShadow and -1 for lack of reading comprehension.

Status
Not open for further replies.