Comcast Rolls Out Full-time 3D TV Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

dillyflump

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
[citation][nom]christop[/nom]For some reason the 3d bugs my eyes out.[/citation]

Same here, I wear glasses and having to wear 2d specs on top of specs is a pain in the arse and after 10mins I end up with a massive headache. To be honest it tends to affect the 3D image anyway, so im guessing you need good eyesight to start with before you can benefit from 3DTV :(

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]christop[/nom]For some reason the 3d bugs my eyes out.[/citation]

Ditto. Can't handle 3d at all. The one movie I saw in 3d gave me a headache that lasted 2 days.
Plus with 3d equipment costing like 600% more than 2d equipment, I just don't feel like it is worth it.

G

Wow, a whole tv network for the 1000 or so people who have actually bought a 3DTV. They are REALLY pushing this 3D tech on everyone. I guess they want lots of people to have eyesight problems.

I've spent a fair amount of time looking at stereoscopic images, old ones from the 1800's to current, and it HURTS THE EYES. A lot. It's a neat effect in small doses, but I personally wouldn't spend more than 5-10 minutes viewing anything stereoscopic. Also, I wear glasses and will not wear other glasses over my prescription glasses just to see a simple effect in a movie or tv show.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Most of the people hating on the new tvs cant afford one I would bet from all the whining.[/citation]
No, they are like me an bought a TV 2-3 years ago and do not want to buy another one. The TV's now are almost 1/2 the price they were 3 yrs ago. They are also whining because of jackasses like you think and your "astute" observations.

kewlx

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Well obviously 3D isnt for everyone, I think no one really likes to wear the glasses for a 2 hour movie either at home or in the theatre. I have no problems with my eyes or watching 3D, the effect works fine and is impressive on a nice 240 hertz larger tv. About 2 years or so glassless 3D will become the norm if it takes off that is. I dont like how they are forcing it down our throats though. I just bought a new Samsung 120 hertz LED tv and 2D is just fine for me for now and I have comcast and had them for many years. Most of the people hating on the new tvs cant afford one I would bet from all the whining.[/citation]

Now now people no hating each other besides we need to save that for the uber rich that get fricken tax breaks for making over 103k a year. now thats f****** stupid.

[citation][nom]Trialsking[/nom]No, they are like me an bought a TV 2-3 years ago and do not want to buy another one. The TV's now are almost 1/2 the price they were 3 yrs ago. They are also whining because of jackasses like you think and your "astute" observations.[/citation]

oasiz

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
[citation][nom]dillyflump[/nom]Same here, I wear glasses and having to wear 2d specs on top of specs is a pain in the arse and after 10mins I end up with a massive headache. To be honest it tends to affect the 3D image anyway, so im guessing you need good eyesight to start with before you can benefit from 3DTV[/citation]
Nope, I can see the whole C and E charts, and I still have to take breaks every 30 minutes. That is, taking glasses off for a minute and opening/closing eyes for a while.
While I like some of the 3D stuff but it really seems like a huge tradeoff in the end.
It's like wearing glasses with very small correction applied, doesn't just look/feel right. (harder to focus)

wribbs

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2010
[citation][nom]mugiebahar[/nom]give me a channel of the girl, i'll watch 24/7. I'll be in 3d (if you know what i mean)[/citation]
LOL indeed. Honestly if Comcast did have an adult 3D station I bet this tech would really start to sell.
As for all you haters; idk why we ever added color to the picture. You guys sound like Andy Rooney. I've never got a headache from it. Hopefully the prices on this tech drop to a point where all new TVs can support 3d.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Anyone who has a choice between Comcast and another carrier should choose the other carrier regardless of quality. Comcast needs to be taught a lesson and the only way to do that is to hurt their bottom line. Stop using Comcast. They are available here in Texas and I REFUSE to use them. If you have a choice please DO NOT use Comcast.

G

You all complaining about 3d, go on, Im off to watch Clash of the Titans on SKY 3d on my Pana 50" and I love it.

Once I am done there I think a little far Cry is calling in 3d using my 5850 and DDD ignition drivers on the same Pana 50", I wear glasses, and yes wearing two can be annoying and yes we paid a frotune for the setup, but I love it!

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]moricon[/nom]You all complaining about 3d, go on, Im off to watch Clash of the Titans on SKY 3d on my Pana 50" and I love it.Once I am done there I think a little far Cry is calling in 3d using my 5850 and DDD ignition drivers on the same Pana 50", I wear glasses, and yes wearing two can be annoying and yes we paid a frotune for the setup, but I love it![/citation]

A fool and his money will soon be...

Wait.

A fool and his money have been parted.

G

I am legally blind and have to sit within 12 inches of my tv to watch a hockey game. I wandered into Best Buy one day and tried their demo 3D set up and couldn't believe the view. For those of us that have sight problems this is a godsend and allows me at least to sit back on the lounger at normal distance from the tv to watch a game in total relaxation. I don't know why it works but it does, I was told it tricks the mind and activates dormant areas of the brain and eyes to utilize undamaged areas to our advantage I hope. Try it out and see if it works for you. So to all you nay sayers on 3D I say stick it where the sun don't shine.

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Since I already wear glasses, I'm fine wearing 3d glasses - I even have a $5 passive clip-on that I ordered from Hong Kong.

Active Shutter crap, however, I can't handle. My eyes are too fast for the flicker. It's obviously design by a bunch of older eyes.

retirepresident

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
Comcast will over price them self out of business. In China down speed 100 mbps and up speed 50 mbps for $40 per months. Comcast 6 months special 20 per month..... down speed 12-16 mbps and 3-5 mbps up speed. Greed Comcast like to SCREW AMERICANS CUSTOMER.

Status
Not open for further replies.