Comfortable gaming headset?

mrrcookie

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
I'm looking for a comfortable gaming headset. I have previous used a Logitech G35 and Siberia V2 and actually found both of them to be quite uncomfortable. They're a little bit too big for my head and the cups hurt my ear and head after wearing them for a while. Is there any gaming headset that's really comfortable for less than $80?

Solution
Sennhesier Hd 518s+ a flex mic and 3.5mm male to female extension cable. Very comfortable and the sound quality will be above similarly priced "gaming" headsets. The mic can be attached via cable tie.

End product should look like this (HD 558s pictured, not the 518s):

197_zpsd1a71ddd.jpg

RazerZ

Honorable
Herald
Aug 18, 2013
Sennhesier Hd 518s+ a flex mic and 3.5mm male to female extension cable. Very comfortable and the sound quality will be above similarly priced "gaming" headsets. The mic can be attached via cable tie.

End product should look like this (HD 558s pictured, not the 518s):

197_zpsd1a71ddd.jpg

Solution

shotgunz

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2011
I second the Sennheiser HD518/558 + mod mic. Most of the brands offering "Gaming Headsets" don't have over 50 years of experience in the audio industry unlike Sennheiser, Audiotechnica, AKG, Beyerdynamic.

the HD500 series are an open back headphone with superior clarity, directionality and spaciousness (they put most of the sounds you will hear around you instead of in your head).

These advantages come with a penalty of being unsuitable for use in noisy environments as their open back design does not block outside sound from reaching your ears.