Coming Soon: Fabrics That Generate Electricity

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
probably another hopeful project that will end up going bust sometime because of one reason or another.

I always welcome development though, now lets hope this is one of the few projects that ends up working.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]M-ManLA[/nom]Wish this happens. Man imagine your PSP battery never running out because your clothes is the power source.[/citation]

Or walking out in the streets, never running out of battery for your phone because you can recharge as you walk! That would be nice.

fayzaan

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
As awesome as it may seem, no one is going to want to allow this. Can you imagine what would happen to batteries if this happened? there would be no need for them. Small things that are powered by AA or AAA batteries would become useless by these type of things affecting business significantly.

Honestly I think this will just never work out :(

m-manla

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]Or walking out in the streets, never running out of battery for your phone because you can recharge as you walk! That would be nice.[/citation]

Too bad your bill will lol. Well, thank God for Skype I guess lol.

doive1231

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2007
BP will be quaking in their boots. Perhaps it will be good when we don't need oil companies anymore. Just sign up to green electricity and put them out of business.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
guys you are all talking about masses of this cloth, and creating entire clothes with it. The article mentions only very small things, nothing large, and that is probably because it is way too expensive to produce. I don't see this making it's way to clothing and then replacing batteries.

cyberkuberiah

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
[citation][nom]fayzaan[/nom]As awesome as it may seem, no one is going to want to allow this. Can you imagine what would happen to batteries if this happened? there would be no need for them. Small things that are powered by AA or AAA batteries would become useless by these type of things affecting business significantly. Honestly I think this will just never work out[/citation]

Hopefully , not in the US . the regular batteries are not environment friendly . they have a lot of weight , and cost a lot . and besides , although the word fiber is used , it does not necessarily mean clothing outta this .

TemjinGold

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2007
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]Or walking out in the streets, never running out of battery for your phone because you can recharge as you walk! That would be nice.[/citation]

Just hope you don't need to walk home in the rain when you forgot your umbrella then...

Status
Not open for further replies.