Command prompt randomly running

Zorcom

Estimable
Jun 25, 2015
Hi community!

I'm currently running on windows 10 and for some reason command prompt (cmd) randomly opens, runs a command and then closes all in around a split second! I ran 2 full scans using different anti-virus softwares (malwarebytes and AVG) and both have said that my pc has no threats. I was wondering if there is anyway that i can force cmd to not close so i can see what is happening inside it? Help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Zorcom

Estimable
Jun 25, 2015

I dowloaded hitmanpro and it detected some threats others could not, hope this fixes it, thanks!

Zorcom

Estimable
Jun 25, 2015

UPDATE: Im still getting it :(

ChaoticWolf

Estimable
Feb 2, 2016
Could be a service starting up for one of your programs. For example, my Vpn service loads a batch file to load the Vpn client, try to determine the location of where the command prompt starts from, and execute the code in it and see if it seems malicious.

Jugeum

Commendable
Apr 26, 2016
Is it doing it when you open something specific, or when something is open? There are a couple programs I use that uses command prompt (mostly older programs that, while they've been updated over the years, still have the original code at the heart). Whenever you notice it, check what all you have open and see if there is any type of pattern