Company Needs Money, So Decides to Sue Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
lol.
Apple really has a problem with product names.
They already lost the "Mighty Mouse" trade mark to a company which sells hygienic computer peripherals for hospitals and laboratories.

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
This won't change anything. Apple will settle out of court, pay a bit of money to an obscure company so it can continue doing whatever it did before, while Apple will keep selling iPads to iSheep and earn loads of cash.

braneman

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
ah they have a patent, all those seem to be good for these days are suing people... not protecting intellectual property, or designs etc. I wonder if I can patent the patenting process so I can make some major money.

azgard

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2002
How can Apple sell an iPad in China? All those clones have to retail for like 1/4 the price and usually feature upgrades over official Apple products. lol

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
I wonder how many ppl are registering trademarks with names beginning with "i" in front. ifood, itoilet, iwheel, ipen, ispeakers, iSteve, iWindows ! iSex etc .

tomate2

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
why did the title had to be company needs money and sues apple?
the company is going through financial problems just like any company does
it thinks that apple is using a name that they own...
its got NOTHING to do with the company needing money but about protecting what is legally yours

kriminal

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2007
[citation][nom]azgard[/nom]How can Apple sell an iPad in China? All those clones have to retail for like 1/4 the price and usually feature upgrades over official Apple products. lol[/citation]

yeah 1/4 the price also is 1/4 the quality, ever seen the iphone clone?

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]braneman[/nom]ah they have a patent, all those seem to be good for these days are suing people... not protecting intellectual property, or designs etc. I wonder if I can patent the patenting process so I can make some major money.[/citation]

im going to sound like an ass, but how do you think "intellectual property, or designs" are protected?

a patent gives you the legal right to sue people who use your idea without promission, and they go into public domain in i believe 20 or so years, depending on the patent,

zachary k

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
just because they are suing apple does not change my view on people that abuse the patent/trademark system like this, go get em apple. leave this fight to someone with a legit case.

Status
Not open for further replies.