Compaq Laptop Not Booting ? $ REWARD

308beatz

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
I'm trying to get a Compaq V6000 to boot but it won't...Ok I hit the power button theirs a black screen for about 3-5 seconds then the Compaq text/bios screen comes up and beeps like CRAZY non stop !...ok so I let it beep and the laptop restarts after maybe 30-40 seconds of beeping non stop and it does it over and over ! I also recorded a video so you can see and maybe help me troubleshoot? In the video I hit F10 for bios settings but it actually restarts after those 30-40 seconds.

I also hear some noise coming from the hard drive like that little "arm" is moving back and forth..I know it supposed to do it but this one has a certain loop or pattern should I say and I know it's not normal if that helps?

If you fellas have any idea how to fix this or tell me what the problem is and if I fix it I'm willing to give you a small $ reward.

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzpITukKkbs

stickg1

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
Check the user manual or on the manufacturer's website for the user manual. It will tell you what specific beeping patterns mean. There is a possibility that it could be the CPU fan is not working properly. Or it could be a problem with the CPU, RAM, motherboard, or HDD. Typically it would be the fan or the CPU, RAM, Motherboard if it wont even get into BIOS and constantly reboots. But like I said look up your model number, get he manual, and check on the error codes for the beeps.

308beatz

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011

I don't see a pattern in the beeps it just beeps non stop till it restarts if you've seen the video...I like to know what the problem before I buy any parts, but I'm thinking it's the hard drive.

Any more help will be appreciated !

nbelote

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
Open it up and take the hard drive out. If nothing else is wrong, you should still be able to get into the BIOS without a hard drive. If you left the battery in, take that out and run only on AC power. If that doesn't work, and there's other sticks of RAM available (or there is more than one in the laptop) try different combinations of RAM: if there's two sticks try one, try different ones in different slots individually or together whilst in different slots, if you have other RAM available try it. If you still can't get it to work, you have a very nice paper weight.

If you can get it to work, and you put the hard drive back in and it still doesn't boot, get another hard drive. Your first step, however, is to get into the BIOS.

308beatz

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011

I've tried taking out the Hard drive and putting it back in, I have yet to try the ram thing, also I can get into the bios I just didn't enter the password in the video if you saw...I just enter my password and i'm in the bios.

Took some pictures if this helps any?

263c8qd.jpg

2hy9kw7.jpg

4jxdtd.jpg