Compaq Presario CQ57 Arrow Keys not Working

Apr 21, 2018
I've been using this laptop for like 4 years now and I don't plan buying a new one.

One day I found out my laptop arrow keys don't work anymore. All Up, Down, Left, and Right keys don't work...

Now I tried to use a software where I can map the arrow keys for other keys. But the new mapped keys sometimes won't work on my games... Yeah, I play games..

How can I fix my laptop's Arrow Keys?? I can't play and use my laptop properly!

Thanks in advance...

Solution
NOTE: If you need to type in a password to even get into Windows to do the following, make sure you attached an external keyboard first, to get past the password. Then disconnect the external keyboard and try the following...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting/reconnecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

You may also want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.
NOTE: If you need to type in a password to even get into Windows to do the following, make sure you attached an external keyboard first, to get past the password. Then disconnect the external keyboard and try the following...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting/reconnecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

You may also want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

Solution