Complain about canon

Status
Not open for further replies.

profpiano

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2011
Hello, I bought a Professional HD Canon Camcorder 6 months ago and it's been in the repair center THREE times already. The last time they tried to charge me $1000 to repair it when the firewire port gave out. It's under WARRANTY. After wasting a week complaining to many Canon reps, I finally got all the labor erased but had to pay $600 for the part. So I told the customer service rep: "here's what we're going to do. I'm going to pay for this part to get the show on the road and get my so-called professional camera back. then I'm going to proceed to cost your company thousands of dollars in lost sales by telling my story in every Internet forum I can find." They've sent me conflicting emails charging $325, then $1000, and in between told me it would be covered under warranty. Complete nonsense. If you buy a Canon, you may have to pay for major repairs while they hold your camera hostage at the repair center. How can you call it a professional camera when it's always in the shop? Shame on you, Canon. Money grubbers.

wdhughes

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to make those excellent suggestions.

wdhughes

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2011
I've continued harassing Canon via phone and email about their unfair charges to me ($600)while the camcorder was still under warranty. They have not responded to the emails and have been uncooperative via phone because I'm still talking to low-level people with no power. But I will tell you, I am not giving up. The more they ignore me, the more I will hurt them. I talked to Idaho Camera today and they think the part was defective in the camera, causing the firewire port to fail. Shame on Canon.

Today I told the tech support people that I want form them in written form their recommendations for what order to connect and disconnect the camera from the computer via FireWire. They refused. They also said it didn't matter, which is ridiculous (contradictory to their claim that my brand new Dell 9100 damaged the camcorder!).

I am documenting everything and will destroy all the Canon sales I can. They are terribly unfair and do not honor the warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.