Complications with My Laptop

virtualdivasixx3

Estimable
Nov 12, 2014
Okay, so over the weekend, I had been playing on a game (that I downloaded a while back) and all of a sudden, I wasn't able to click anything in the program. I believe it was due to a program being opened up in the background (I had the game set in Full Screen mode), so I couldn't do anything.
And me being me, I just got frustrated and held down the power button and left it turned off like that for about 20 minutes. Then I came back, turned it on, and it was working fine. (The game had closed itself I guess.)
I guess this happened about... 3 times? And then I did that same thing the next day, and then it just wouldn't turn on. The screen was black with the little HP logo on it...was like this for around 40 minutes. I waited...waited waited waited. Then I looked back at it after a while and on the screen under the HP logo it said "Diagnosing your PC...". Was like that for a good hour. Then, I waited some more, and it switched to "Attempting Repairs...". Was like that for about 2 hours.
Then when everything finally went away and I was able to log onto my laptop, my computer was all weird now.
It's very laggy and nothing seems to want to work properly.
My friend said that I had "fried my laptop", but I'm really not sure what happened.
Help???

Solution
Thats not really a good thing to do, shutting it down that way. Killing the power like that can corrupt files and even damage the harddrive.
At this point you need to check your harddrive for errors and most likely will also need to do a factory reset. HP has both those functions built into the laptop usually on hidden partition on the harddrive (so hopefully those are fine). See your owners manual for instructions on those. (ie press the f-key that launches diagnostics/tests when you boot up)

popatim

Splendid
Thats not really a good thing to do, shutting it down that way. Killing the power like that can corrupt files and even damage the harddrive.
At this point you need to check your harddrive for errors and most likely will also need to do a factory reset. HP has both those functions built into the laptop usually on hidden partition on the harddrive (so hopefully those are fine). See your owners manual for instructions on those. (ie press the f-key that launches diagnostics/tests when you boot up)

Solution