Compressor for blow out the dust

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oveeseregor

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
Hi...
I need a help, i want to blow out the dust out of my laptop.. Can i use compressor to blow out the dust, or vacuum cleaner, since i have difficulties in finding can of compressed air, and its easy for me for just using compressor because there is a body shop in near my home....
Is there any bad things happen if i using compressor or mini vacuum??

Thank you in advance!

Solution

Hi :)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Do NOT use a garage compressor , much too much pressure....you WILL damage something...

All the best Brett :)

gomerpile

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005
6 years or 1000 years, google expert, look it up thanks for your time. I rest my case and till you prove other wize my verdict in education of the dangers remain Ferm. For you to say different is making yourself look unprofessional.

DelroyMonjo

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2011
Ferm?
I believe the writer of the article was confusing carcinogenic PCB's with Printed Circuit Boards used in computers. Electrolytic capacitors used in computers contain no chemical PCB's .
That's the typical education you get from progressive public educators and tree-hugging AlGores.
There are more environmental hazards in a CFL bulb than a computer

gomerpile

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005

Me too remember to wear a mask or be in a open area to minmize the amount of toxins 2010 link http://www.safecomputingtips.com/blog/healthy-computing/dont-let-your-computer-kill-you/

simple search on the net will explain the toxins in computer dust, and the PCB is the toxin of PCB, I'm not talking about the board materal. The PCB is from transformers and Capacitors. The residue of dead energy will produce PCB. Leaking Capacitors that black stuff that oozes out in old parts is PCB

Environment Canada and PCB in old electronics parts. http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hl-vs/iyh-vsv/environ/pcb-bpc-eng.php
Read how people are exposed to PCB, (stress on the part old electronics). I rest my case, google it to discover the full effects of toxins in dust and electronics.

PCB capacitors http://www.pcbdisposalinc.com/images/pdfs/Capacitors.pdf

deny if you dare, I'll follow the rules and teach the young safe practice of cleaning electronics. :bounce:

JasonAkkerman

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2008
Not really effective. It has been my experience that most dust requires a bit more pressure to remove then human lungs can produce. Also, you run the risk of spitting all over your components.

oveeseregor

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012

but it did worked, before blowing, his temperature is reaching 90-95c when gaming, but now just 78c max :)

shadamus

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Ditto the 'hold the fans" comment. I used my compressor on one of my machines last year and didn't hold the PS fan. It generated enough current to trip the fuse inside of the PS.

A little extra expense, and a good bit of extra frustration -- this was my main development workstation. I had a spare PS, so I was back up in about 20 minutes, but what a pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.