Compter audio not playing and static comes through headphones.

Aug 21, 2018
I recently got my computer fixed (after a rainstorm got it slightly water damaged) and it was working fine for a few days afterwards. But a problem quicky came that I would like advice with. About half the time, my computer audio works fine, but the ovver half, it doesn't work at all. No audio plays, and when headphones are plugged in, all I can hear is static.
I will probably send it in for fixing (again), but does anyone have any thoughts on what the problem could be in order to get it fixed faster?
Please and thank you if anyone can help :)

Solution
I'd say they didn't replace the water damaged components, and only "dried" out the motherboard.

Best thing to do, is check/take photo of the serial number and send it back to them and make sure they replace it.

I don't believe it is a software issue. - Just make sure you have tried different headphones/speakers to confirm it is the motherboard and not your speakers.

ElectrO_90

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016
I'd say they didn't replace the water damaged components, and only "dried" out the motherboard.

Best thing to do, is check/take photo of the serial number and send it back to them and make sure they replace it.

I don't believe it is a software issue. - Just make sure you have tried different headphones/speakers to confirm it is the motherboard and not your speakers.

Solution
Aug 21, 2018

I can confirm that it is not the headhpones, as I tried them on a friends computer. You are probably right about the motherboard, and I will try to make sure that the people who will repair it replace the damaged compoments. Thanks for the help.

ElectrO_90

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016

You can thank me by picking me as a solution ;)
Anyway good luck