Imnotwaynebrady

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013
Computer #1 has been hooked up via ethernet to the same router for a few years. Never had a problem on our end, the connection was always constant. Computer #2 I moved it in from the other room and now its connected via ethernet to the same router. During this process we changed the modem to a much faster one from our ISP because we upgraded.

Now with both computers hooked up, Computer #1 is having internet issues. At the bottom right it clearly says "Network Internet Access." When I have Computer #1's ethernet cable hooked into the router, it always says it has access. BUT for whatever reason it keeps giving me DNS error every once in awhile. It stays connected for 5-20 minutes before error, cannot display page, then I wait 5-10 minutes and finally its back online.

Computer #2 has had zero issues. Internet is 100% fine on #2. The only thing that changed to cause problems for Computer #1 was swapping out modems and connecting another computer into the router. Is the new modem causing issues for the ethernet port? Does my router not accurately give the same connection reliability when more than one ethernet is hooked up into it?

Let me know if more information is required. Thank you for reading.

Imnotwaynebrady

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013

That did the trick. Swapped the cable for #1 and now the internet's been constant all last night and morning. Thank you.