Solved! Computer Audio System Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

donimic

Honorable
Jul 23, 2013
I am building an office and new computer and was hoping to get some information/recommendations on pulling together a sound system to go along with it.I am currently running with a set of Audio-Technica ATH-M50x headphones and may be getting a pair of speakers (I have a friend recommending the Audioengine A2+ but am open to other ideas in that price range) as a birthday gift to go along with my build. I am basically looking to maximize the use of this equipment and ensure that I am getting all the audio quality I can out of them without having to sell a kidney to do so.

As I understand it, for music and movies played from a computer most people recommend outputting digital audio signals to an external receiver/amplifier or regular "stereo" system rather than using a more computer-specific system. On the other hand, a lot of my use will be geared towards gaming with coms where i will be switching between speakers in solo play and headphones/mic in group content or when the wife needs me to be quiet.

I guess my question boils down to whether i should (a) use some sort of sound-card within the computer, (b) get a computer based external DAC/amplifier that can be used for both headphones and speakers, or (c) use a more traditional home stereo receiver/amplifier/speakers. Also, if anyone has any recommendations on specific equipment (DAC/Amplifiers) I would greatly appreciate whatever direction you can offer.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from donimic : "Audio System Upgrade"

Status
Not open for further replies.