Computer Blue Screens When It Tries to Use my Nvidia Card

Devaderp

Estimable
Sep 19, 2015
My cousin gave me his laptop that has an Nvidia GT 630m graphics card in it. With this, I had to buy a new hard drive and do a complete fresh install of Windows 7, that means all new drivers and all that jazz. My situation is that when ever my computer needs to switch over to the Nvidia card, like when I run a game, my computer will freeze and then crash. I've tried unistalling and reinstalling the card from device manager, and then reinstalling it with updated drivers, and my problem still exists. This is getting really annoying and I have no idea how to fix it. The Computer itself is a Lenovo IdeaPad P580. Please help me.

Solution
Hi,

You're almost there, uninstall the graphics card driver from Device Manager and in Programs and Features then download and install the latest driver from NVIDIA support site. Here's the link: nvidia.com/download/index.aspx. Just use the Auto Detect so they could give you the latest and accurate driver for your graphics card. Use Internet Explorer when downloading the driver from their site.
Hi,

You're almost there, uninstall the graphics card driver from Device Manager and in Programs and Features then download and install the latest driver from NVIDIA support site. Here's the link: nvidia.com/download/index.aspx. Just use the Auto Detect so they could give you the latest and accurate driver for your graphics card. Use Internet Explorer when downloading the driver from their site.

Solution