Computer crashed during bios update

mynamevincenttt

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
Hey guys I have a bit of a problem. I have an Acer aspire 5560g that I was doing a bios and video card update on. During the restart portion of the update, my computer shut off and now I'm stuck in a boot loop with "your computer has encountered a problem..." I've tried different hard drives as well as different windows 8 boot disks as well but I still get the same error. In bios, next to the area that shows my video card's memory now shows --. How do I reflash bios and my graphics card without booting into windows?

Thanks,
Vince

Solution
You are aware that if you flashed the bios it will return it to factory defaults.
If your system powers up but does not find your hard drive with the boot able version of windows 8 on it.

It is because your hard drive interface mode has been reset in the bios.
You need to enter the bios and change the setting back to what it was before you performed a flash of the laptops bios, with the updated firmware.
It`s an easy thing to forget about but give it a try and I think you will find all is ok after the sata interface mode change.

The reason for the error if the system starts to load windows once again, but an error is seen when loading windows.
Relates to the fact you have the wrong Sata interface mode setup in the bios.
So your...

mynamevincenttt

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
Never mind, I figurer it out. The bios update files from Acer include both a flasher from windows and a flasher you can use in DOS. I created a win98 boot able USB and ran the flash.bat from Acer

Shaun o

Distinguished
You are aware that if you flashed the bios it will return it to factory defaults.
If your system powers up but does not find your hard drive with the boot able version of windows 8 on it.

It is because your hard drive interface mode has been reset in the bios.
You need to enter the bios and change the setting back to what it was before you performed a flash of the laptops bios, with the updated firmware.
It`s an easy thing to forget about but give it a try and I think you will find all is ok after the sata interface mode change.

The reason for the error if the system starts to load windows once again, but an error is seen when loading windows.
Relates to the fact you have the wrong Sata interface mode setup in the bios.
So your problem is just a case of changing the Sata setting then saving the new settings in the bios before you exit it.
Everything will work as it should then.

Solution