Computer crashes when rendering with Sony Vegas 12

Is the CPU overclocked? I have read where that could be a potential problem when rendering in Vegas 12. Are you using the GPU when you are rendering? Does this happen with all codecs or just the ones you mentioned in the video? Computer specs might be helpful as well. You may have already tried this and I'm not sure it will make a difference but have you cleared all the caches associated with Vegas 12?

HowWeDew

Estimable
Jan 27, 2015

http://prntscr.com/5yawkc <-- Specs
I have tried everything with the GPU stuff already. The CPU is not overclocked and it only reaches 50 while rendering.

HowWeDew

Estimable
Jan 27, 2015

Already tried that.

I may have missed it but have you cleared the memory caches associated with Vegas. I know in Premiere Pro they can grow quite large. Do you have the same problem rendering in other formats as well?

HowWeDew

Estimable
Jan 27, 2015
"I may have missed it but have you cleared the memory caches associated with Vegas. I know in Premiere Pro they can grow quite large. Do you have the same problem rendering in other formats as well?"

How would I clear the cache? Also yes, I have the problem in every format.

HowWeDew

Estimable
Jan 27, 2015
I may have missed it but have you cleared the memory caches associated with Vegas. I know in Premiere Pro they can grow quite large. Do you have the same problem rendering in other formats as well?[/quotemsg]

yeah i tried it again, still crashes my PC

"Here are some things to try.

1. Verify that your TEMPORARY FILES folder for Vegas has enough space. See PREFERENCES.

Shutdown Vegas. Then go delete everything in the Vegas TEMPORARY FILES folder before restarting Vegas.

If for some reason, you can't delete all of Vegas' temporary files, then see #2.

2. Is Vegas crashing on you? Some times when an app crashes, the process doesn't completely die and get cleaned up by Windows. So some of the files it creates and uses, including temporary files, cannot be released back to Windows. So even if you restart Vegas, the new Vegas process may not be able to read and write to some of the files it needs.

3. Maybe one of the effects plugins or codecs you are using is having problems with Vegas. Perhaps you are using plugins and codecs that are incompatible with your 64-bit Vegas. Update all plugins and codecs Vegas maybe depending on. Ensure they are 64-bit compatible."

Source: http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/24/945501

"Clean the Vegas Pro or Movie Studio Platinum Program Cache

Sometimes mysterious alien artifacts can build up inside the hidden program cache and caused bizarre behavior. Do the following to clean out the Cache and Reset the program. Please note that this will reset the desktop display for the program.

Hold down the CTRL and SHIFT keys on your keyboard, and at the same time double click the program icon on your desktop to boot the program.

Select Delete Cache and Yes

The cache is now cleaned."

Source: https://www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/157-vegas-crashes-when-importing-1080p-video

HowWeDew

Estimable
Jan 27, 2015

Nope, still crashes.

HowWeDew

Estimable
Jan 27, 2015

yeah I tried doing that too :(

HowWeDew

Estimable
Jan 27, 2015

Still didn't work.. :(

tnt1901

Estimable
Oct 10, 2014
From the question and all the answers I've read, I would be more interested in knowing some of your computer specs like how much memory you have and how much virtual memory you have set up and how much space you have set up for your buffer as too little memory in any of these can cause your computer to crash!!!

HowWeDew

Estimable
Jan 27, 2015

Processor: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor 3.50 GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 16.0 GB
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
Memory: 1tb