Ok, so, last night, I was on my laptop when suddenly things started acting funny. I turned off the laptop for a minute and turned it back on, but when I did, it emitted a high-pitched squeal or beep or something and it won't start up now. I've searched online for a solution but I've got conflicting reports of what it could be. Any ideas what it could be?
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it back up.
- If the same problem will persist do try booting up your laptop without its battery connect.
- Next to try if these doesn't work is to reseat the RAM's, remove all RAM for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- Again if these doesn't work try removing the HDD as well and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If all these will not work I would suggest contacting the manufacturer for a repair if it's still under the factory warranty.