Computer emitting high-pitched sound, not working

BobcatKid

Estimable
Feb 3, 2016
Ok, so, last night, I was on my laptop when suddenly things started acting funny. I turned off the laptop for a minute and turned it back on, but when I did, it emitted a high-pitched squeal or beep or something and it won't start up now. I've searched online for a solution but I've got conflicting reports of what it could be. Any ideas what it could be?

BobcatKid

Estimable
Feb 3, 2016
Thanks for the reply, but it seems I fixed the problem myself; I just unplugged the battery for a few hours and then it was back on and everything was back to normal.

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it back up.
- If the same problem will persist do try booting up your laptop without its battery connect.
- Next to try if these doesn't work is to reseat the RAM's, remove all RAM for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- Again if these doesn't work try removing the HDD as well and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If all these will not work I would suggest contacting the manufacturer for a repair if it's still under the factory warranty.

BobcatKid

Estimable
Feb 3, 2016
Thanks for the reply, but it seems I fixed the problem myself; I just unplugged the battery for a few hours and then it was back on and everything was back to normal.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Laptop Tech Support 1
AmogusFan400 Laptop Tech Support 3
W Laptop Tech Support 4
luloona Laptop Tech Support 1
I Laptop Tech Support 2
JonasDL Laptop Tech Support 1
charizardt Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
Jake275 Laptop Tech Support 2
I Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1