Computer freezing, system restore failed

TheBestestGuy

Estimable
Jan 6, 2016
I was recently streaming a movie online and accidently clicked on an ad. My computer instantly froze for about 10 seconds. I closed the new tab that popped up as soon as i could. But my pc now keeps freezing and has been doing so for the past 20 minutes every minute or so.

I tried using system restore but it failed. I was late for uni so i just shutdown my pc and left.

Any suggestions to resolve the issue would be a big help

Thanks

KKieraNN

Solution
If your cmd line is still functional, type "CMD" in it, right click, run as admin, and in cmd line run "MRT", then follow prompts to run a Defender scan, perhaps MS will see the infection and remove it for you....

Do you have any backups/saved states that you can restore to before the infection?

type 'restore' in command line, click on 'create restore point'...

Click on "System Restore", then "Choose a different restore point"...

Choose date/time before infection to restore computer to....

If no restore points are shown...

Try an MS Defender Offline or Kaspersky bootable scanner, made on an uninfected computer...

mdd1963

Distinguished
If your cmd line is still functional, type "CMD" in it, right click, run as admin, and in cmd line run "MRT", then follow prompts to run a Defender scan, perhaps MS will see the infection and remove it for you....

Do you have any backups/saved states that you can restore to before the infection?

type 'restore' in command line, click on 'create restore point'...

Click on "System Restore", then "Choose a different restore point"...

Choose date/time before infection to restore computer to....

If no restore points are shown...

Try an MS Defender Offline or Kaspersky bootable scanner, made on an uninfected computer...

Solution