Computer hard-wired is showing a lower DL speed than WIFI on my phone. But PC is showing a lower PING too? HELP!

Dec 26, 2018
Need help

I just got my internet upgraded to up to 400 MBPS today. Everytime I run the speed test with my computer hardwired to the router it maxes out at 90-100. If I turn on 5G wifi it drops down 60. However on my phone the DL speed shows 250-300 MBPS. (The tech who setup the internet was showing 400Mbps+ on the same speed test on his phone when we were both connected to 5G)

Also, while my computer is showing the slower DL speed it does show a better ping... so I'll test against the same sever on speedtest.net and my computer will have a ping on 21 ms and 100 Mbps dl speed, my phone will be at 29 ms and 250+ Mbps.

How do I fix my PC to max out the speed? Is my PC throttling the dl speed somehow? I just updated my drivers for my ethernet card .... INTEL (R) Ethernet Connection (2) 1219-V

Dec 26, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from cauthonluck151 : "Computer hard-wired is showing a lower DL speed than WIFI on my phone. But PC is showing a lower PING too? HELP!"

Need help

I just got my internet upgraded to up to 400 MBPS today. Everytime I run the speed test with my computer hardwired to the router it maxes out at 90-100. If I turn on 5G wifi it drops down 60. However on my phone the DL speed shows 250-300 MBPS. (The tech who setup the internet was showing 400Mbps+ on the same speed test on his phone when we were both connected to 5G)

Also, while my computer is showing the slower DL speed it does show a better ping... so I'll test against the same sever on speedtest.net and my computer will have a ping on 21 ms and 100 Mbps dl speed, my phone will be at 29 ms and 250+ Mbps.

How do I fix my PC to max out the speed? Is my PC throttling the dl speed somehow? I just updated my drivers for my ethernet card .... INTEL (R) Ethernet Connection (2) 1219-V