Computer HDMI input to output

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

My computer only has an HDMI input port and I'd like to make an HDMI to HDMI connection from my computer to the TV. (Not USB to HDMI or VGA to HDMI because I don't want to sacrifice quality)

What converter or device do I need if I want to hook my computer up to a TV (like how you would hook a laptop up to a tv to watch on a bigger screen)? Basically, is there an adapter or converter that I can use to make my computer HDMI input port into an output port?

Solution
If you're looking to display the computer image on the TV, then no, you cannot do it via that HDMI port. There is no combination of splitters or cables that would turn that 'input' into an 'output'.
G

Yes, I understand I can't change the port itself, but I was wondering if there was an adapter or converter I can use to make it seem or act like an output port.

Edit:
Actually, would an hdmi switch/splitter work? Like this one? (4 input x 1 output)
61gdqYLeTgL._SX522_.jpg

The hassle would be needing 2 HDMI cables rather than one (if it was an adapter instead). But would I plug it in like the picture as:
MY COMP [HDMI input]---to---[ [HDMI output]same_box[HDMI input] ]---to---[HDMI] TV

Or would I need 2 output ports in the switch/splitter to work?

G

Guess it will have to come to that *sigh* thanks

Ben Sewell

Estimable
Jul 17, 2015

Get a Google Chrome Dongle it allows any bluetooth or wifI device connect to the TV it's really good xx

vanityswarovski

Prominent
Jan 22, 2018

----
Did you try the adapter mentioned above? Please Let me know because i'm having the same issue, i have a Sony Vaio All In One desktop which only has a hdmi input...

ryanjp89

Prominent
Jan 24, 2018
I think you can convert VGA to HDMI or DVI if it has a VGA out port. Unfortunately I think the converters are quite expensive, making the USB 3.0 to HDMI the easiest and least expensive option.

Status
Not open for further replies.