computer isn't turning on and has a black screen with a blinking light

aranboy522

Estimable
Dec 24, 2015
I shutdown my computer regularly with no abnormalities. However the next day, I tried turning it on, and after the Asus symbol with the dots with went to a black screen. And every few seconds it would blink with a lighter black screen. Pls help me.

Solution
Sounds like Windows 10 downloaded and installed updates - or attempted to, at least. We've been seeing this problem intermittently on a lot of computers with Windows 10 after running updates.

Are you able to access the Windows troubleshooting options? If so, you can try using the Startup Repair tool, or if that does not work, you can also access your restore points from there and try one of those.
Sounds like Windows 10 downloaded and installed updates - or attempted to, at least. We've been seeing this problem intermittently on a lot of computers with Windows 10 after running updates.

Are you able to access the Windows troubleshooting options? If so, you can try using the Startup Repair tool, or if that does not work, you can also access your restore points from there and try one of those.

Solution