Computer keeps crashing

lisa.pico

Prominent
Oct 10, 2017
I have an acer laptop Windows 7 and it will crash.Is there any way to fix it.It's not over heating that I know.But it is an old computer.Any advice I would appreciate.

Solution
start with puling the battery and checking that all the ram is locked in on the bottom of the laptop. run memtest from bootable usb stick. if the ram passes use malware bytes/hitman pro/ccleaner defrag/online virus scans make sure there no virus and there room on the drive. use hdtune check your drive health. if you have not reinstalled windows in a few years back up your data and do a clean install see if windows still crashes with clean install. if it does it may be a system of bad system board. google your model laptop..words bad cap/cap recall system board recall...class action lawsuit. see if there a defect that people had to sue to get fixed.
start with puling the battery and checking that all the ram is locked in on the bottom of the laptop. run memtest from bootable usb stick. if the ram passes use malware bytes/hitman pro/ccleaner defrag/online virus scans make sure there no virus and there room on the drive. use hdtune check your drive health. if you have not reinstalled windows in a few years back up your data and do a clean install see if windows still crashes with clean install. if it does it may be a system of bad system board. google your model laptop..words bad cap/cap recall system board recall...class action lawsuit. see if there a defect that people had to sue to get fixed.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS