computer online says no modem...not so

Cmcmahan

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013
a friend installed microsoft 10 and somehow total messed up my dell vostro now I can't get online nor open any pdf. I am basically messed up about what to do. help!!

Microsoft 10? ...Internet Explorer 10? If it's IE10, you can uninstall it from the Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> View Installed Updates. Then find Internet Explorer 10, uninstall it, and reboot. You should be back at IE 9 (or maybe 8).

It will be under the "Microsoft Windows" updates.

Cmcmahan

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013
The program insalled is Microsoft 10. Also have issue that most prior docs now show as a pdf and can not be opened. So, most of my business docs are not accessible to me. I do have a backup thankfully but am not sure that everything is n backup.

There is no Microsoft 10 program per se; there's Internet Explorer 10, and Microsoft Office 2010.

Since your issue is related to PDF files, it's probably an issue with Office!

That shouldn't affect you getting on the internet though, which is why I presumed you may have been referring to IE10. You should give your friend a shout out and have him go over it with you! Hopefully he didn't install Office 2010 from a torrent and accidentally/unknowingly get a virus i the process.