computer screen help!

Fahmida

Estimable
Jul 9, 2014
Hi,

I have a HP (HP Pavilion g6-2296sa Windows 8 Laptop in Ruby Red) search it please.
So basically, I turned on my laptop and logged into my user (like usual) then suddenly the mouse button kept flashing and a loading circle kept appearing( next to the mouse button- that circle that appears when something is loading); after 2 seconds the whole screen kept flashing continuously, and it won't stop ( I can see everything but it keeps flashing), it doesn't allow me to do anything e.g. go on the internet or Microsoft words- just keeps flashing, I have to press the start button to turn the laptop off, because it won't let me do anything with the mouse button. Please could anyone help me resolve this problem urgently, because I have exams to revise for in less than a month, also I have had this laptop for less than a year- so I won't be getting a new one!

Please give some solutions...
Thanks.

Solution
Try disabling the touchpad in the BIOS and use an external mouse. Could be something with the buttons on it or the touchpad itself if you can't click on things with it but you can use the keyboard OK.

Running a virus and spyware check with Malwarebytes won't hurt either.
Try disabling the touchpad in the BIOS and use an external mouse. Could be something with the buttons on it or the touchpad itself if you can't click on things with it but you can use the keyboard OK.

Running a virus and spyware check with Malwarebytes won't hurt either.

Solution

Fahmida

Estimable
Jul 9, 2014

Hi, thanks. So how do I disable the touchpad in the BIOS? (I don't even know what a BIOS is?) Also thanks, I will install the spyware software after the BIOS disabling.

To get to the BIOS, hit F10 when the system is starting up. There should be menus there for the touchpad. You can probably also disable it in Control Panel but that may be tougher if you have issues clicking.