computer set back to the 90's

smithrs12

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017
my hp Pavillion restarted itself when I was tryna play league, now its like it lost the knowledge to have wireless capability. it does not give me the option to connect to wifi, it only gives me the option for dial-up and vpn and keep in mind I bought this computer 2 years ago it is now 2017. help, I just wana play league.

Solution
Your wifi is a mini express card in your laptop.. remove the bottom cover and inspect/reseat the card. You may also need to try and delete the drivers for it and go to your laptop manufacturers website to get the ones you need and reinstall.

If that doesn't work then the wifi card probably gave up the ghost. Replacing it wouldn't be an issue.. a high end intel 2x2 card is $25.

JeffDaemon

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013
Your wifi is a mini express card in your laptop.. remove the bottom cover and inspect/reseat the card. You may also need to try and delete the drivers for it and go to your laptop manufacturers website to get the ones you need and reinstall.

If that doesn't work then the wifi card probably gave up the ghost. Replacing it wouldn't be an issue.. a high end intel 2x2 card is $25.

Solution