Computer Speakers - JBL Spot speakers with JBL Creature III Sub?

hotlips45

Estimable
Dec 17, 2014
The new Creatures don't fit depressions on my stand and the old Spots do. The Spots are 6w per channel and the Creatures are 5w. The Creature allows 80 watts max power and the Spot is 30w max. I'm over my head here but it seems as if they will work without blowing up although pumping up the Creature sub may blow the Spots so I have to monitor that.

Am I off base here and should there be other things I should think about?

Thanks for any and all assistance.

thee_prisoner

Distinguished
Hi Hotlips, powering wise you should be ok. I don't think you're going to blow anything up. It might slightly stress the amp. The only issue you might come across is that the satellite speakers are configured to work with the sub unit. And what I mean by that, is how the highs and lows are sent to each unit.

Happy listening, the Prisoner...

hotlips45

Estimable
Dec 17, 2014

Thanks for your response and insight. I will tread carefully with distortion. Good to know no explosion.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
simptive Audio 1
S Audio 2
RJGrayLight Audio 1
C Audio 1
C Audio 2
R Audio 2
S Audio 1
BreadgoatX Audio 0
A Audio 12
T Audio 2
R Audio 1
Zebdawg Audio 6
P Audio 3
K Audio 3
J Audio 3
Tombo9 Audio 3
G Audio 0
K Audio 2
I Audio 3
R Audio 3
Similar threads
Solved! USB Speakers working on PC but not on Charger
Solved! Can I reuse these satellite speakers as computer speakers?
Solved! Bass Sensitive Gaming Speaker Suggestions
Solved! How can you hook up a Samsung subwoofer to a BW LED SPK M speaker to the back of my computer tower?
Solved! 2 Computers, 1 Set of Speakers - 3.5mm Splitter Isn't Working
Question Microphone is playing computer audio even when muted
Solved! Xbox & Computer both connected to same monitor... How can I get my standalone speakers to play audio through both devices?
Question Dual Monitor PC Setup, issues with Soundbar
Question Speaker Noise through all I/O's of this computer. Issue replicated on Headphones.
Solved! Can I use two different audio outputs plugged into different ouputs on the the back of my motherboard?
Solved! How should I connect computer speakers
Solved! Speakers lower than usual after complete reset of computer
Solved! How to connect bookshelf speakers/amp to computer while still using speakers that came with computer?
Question Klipsch pro media wired 2.1 computer speakers win 10
Solved! Salvalging logitech X-540 sattellite speakers to work with my computer
Solved! I want to play sound out of a phone speaker from a computer (via Bluetooth?)
Question Speakers muting themselves for 1 second every 15 seconds
Solved! My old Logitech Z323 computer speakers/subwoofer w new computer
Solved! Subwoofer/Soundbar or Subwoofer/Active Speakers
i have a 5.1 surround system for my pc out of the 6 speakers which includes my sub woofer only the 2 front speakers are worki

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS