jecomputers

Honorable
Jun 12, 2013
I've got an older Zenith HD TV and it has a VGA port on the back. I'd like to connect my computer to it, but when I do no picture displays. I get a message on the TV saying I need to connect a 480p or 1080i device. I've adjusted the output on my graphics card (a custom resolution through the software) but still nothing. I've not done this before and any advice would be welcome.

Solution

Looks like this was the problem. I had to create a customer resolution (640x480) and apply it to the external monitor (TV). Once I did that it showed up, but the scaling was way off. My settings allowed me to create a custom aspect ratio which by default had scaling set to 100 on vertical and horizontal. I set both to 0 and everything works great!

Thanks for the tip!

jecomputers

Honorable
Jun 12, 2013

Looks like this was the problem. I had to create a customer resolution (640x480) and apply it to the external monitor (TV). Once I did that it showed up, but the scaling was way off. My settings allowed me to create a custom aspect ratio which by default had scaling set to 100 on vertical and horizontal. I set both to 0 and everything works great!

Thanks for the tip!

Solution

Pinhedd

Distinguished

You're welcome! Select a best answer to close this thread