Computer won't recognize Powershot SD 890

Scou

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
I recently got a Canon Powershot SD890 IS digital camera. Everything was fine until a few days ago. When I plug the camera into the computer USB it makes 4 quick beeps and doesn't detect anything. It almost sounds like its finding it then thinking its unplugged, the finding it again and thinking its unplugged again, all really fast. All other USB devices work in all ports and the camera works on other computers. The only think that I can tell is I installed some of the software on the disk that came with the camera a few days ago, I'm pretty sure it hasn't worked since then. I tried uninstalling all the software, I tried reinstalling it, I've tried messing with it in all ways I can think of. I looked on the Canon site but there is no drivers available for this camera. If I go into device manager it doesn't list the camera anywhere, whether its plugged in or not.

So I'm almost positive the issue is some file or driver or something somewhere that the CD that came with the camera put on my computer, I just can't seem to get rid of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

P.S. I'm running Vista 64 Home Edition.