Concept Wristband Watches Health Real-Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

zjuice

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2009
This looks good. My wife has been diabetic since she was eight, and i am for anything to make her life easier.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]Rico[/nom]We'll all bite the dust some day, but there's nothing with playing it safe is there?[/citation]Yes Rico, we will. :bounce:

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
I hope it does 24hr mode.

Led by scientists from the Fraunhofer Society, the same organization responsible for the MP3 audio format, the group hope to utilize lab-on-a-chip technologies to create an early warning device designed for those who need real-time body monitoring.

Oh, good to know that when I bite the dust, i can listen to "Another one bites the dust" on Mp3 at the same time. I feel safer already.

figgus

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
This is not as lame as most of the concept stories have been, because a lot of this tech already exists... Blood pressure, Blood Ox, heart rate, all these can be monitored with small wearable devices as is. This thing might actually become reality!

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
As long as this doesn't pave way for machines that know how to look after us better than us. We don't need people forgetting how often they should eat/piss/shower.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
Is this another case of sci-fi becoming sci? I think I saw something like this in a movie once. Someone had been injured in a fight and the doctor runs up and slaps a wrist wrap on him and it starts reporting to his hand held device all the guys vital stats. With tech getting to the nano level we will see more and more stuff being packed into things like phones and watches and that's almost always a good thing (as long as the UI is easy to navigate). End result: Technology rules

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
[citation][nom]Clintonio[/nom]As long as this doesn't pave way for machines that know how to look after us better than us. We don't need people forgetting how often they should eat/piss/shower.[/citation]
I have detailed files on human anatomy.

Makes you a more efficient killing machine right?

Yes...

G

It's just one step closer to heads-up displays with our health and energy, complete with an optional holographic projection above our heads to let others know when we're almost dead :D

Status
Not open for further replies.