Solved! Conecting additional speakers

Dec 18, 2018
Hi,
I have a stereo setup where I have an Onkyo Amp and 5 sets of ceiling speakers controlled by a Sima Speaker Selector Switch with Volume Controls for 6-Sets of Speakers. This has worked find for more than 10 years. The problem I am having is that I would like to connect an additional pair of outdoor speakers, but unfortunately I live in a brick house and the duct where the speaker wire travels is already saturated, nothing else can go through it, unless I break the wall to add another duct. This is very messy and hard.

I was wondering if I could use one of the wires, or a pair of them, that are already going to a pair of ceiling speakers and use them to power an additional speaker selector or some type of device that could give me the option to add more speakers, and this device be controlled remotely (via wifi or something else). This would be inside the ceiling and not be accesible. I could put an electric outlet in the ceiling to power the device. I just don't know what device to use. If you can think of a better idea, I welcome the advice.

Thanks for any suggestions

Regards,

Solution
Adding an additional pair of speakers to your old rig could damage the system. You will certainly be underpowered and won't be able to run the outdoor speakers without at least one other pair. The wiring could be pretty messy too.
I am going to suggest you get a Sonos ConnectAmp, Sonos Amp (a new model), or a Denon Heos Amp.
These can be placed in aconvenient location to get speaker wire to the outdoor speakers. No other wired required.
They can be controlled by your phone and are their own source independent of the other system. No messing with the old system wiring. In fact you will want to add a Sonos Connect or Denon Heos Link to that to add the streaming services that you will enjoy outside.
A lower cost option would be to connect...
Adding an additional pair of speakers to your old rig could damage the system. You will certainly be underpowered and won't be able to run the outdoor speakers without at least one other pair. The wiring could be pretty messy too.
I am going to suggest you get a Sonos ConnectAmp, Sonos Amp (a new model), or a Denon Heos Amp.
These can be placed in aconvenient location to get speaker wire to the outdoor speakers. No other wired required.
They can be controlled by your phone and are their own source independent of the other system. No messing with the old system wiring. In fact you will want to add a Sonos Connect or Denon Heos Link to that to add the streaming services that you will enjoy outside.
A lower cost option would be to connect a wireless audio transmitter to the Onkyo system and use that to send audio to an amplified receiver to power the outdoor speakers. Much less functional but cheaper
https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-wfa02-multi-room-wi-fi-audio-adapter-for-ios-android--300-576
https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-wf40a-multi-room-wi-fi-2x20w-amplifier-with-ir-remote--300-3820

Solution