Conexant smartaudio hd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2015
Hi. I am having an issue. My sound started going all weird and crackly and slowing up all the songs I tried to play. I stupidly (thinking it would help) unistalled my conexant smartaudio sound driver. It has since been replaced by High Definition audio Device (whatever this means). It is still all weird and crackly so apparently this did not help....I would really like to get my first one back. How on earth do I do this? Also, if someone does reply could it possibly be in the least amount of technical words possible? I have a very limited understanding of computers.....
Thanks!

Solution
Hi,

You can download that same Conexant Smartaudio driver from the manufacturers support site. (HP, Dell, Lenovo, Asus) All you need is the model/ serial number of your laptop. But do try this troubleshooting steps that may help in resolving that issue.
- Press the Windows key + R and type in "devmgmt.msc" in the box that should appear and click OK
- Once Device Manager is open expand where it says "Sound,video and game controllers right click on what's listed and select Uninstall.
- Restart your laptop and that should reinstall the sound driver back automatically upon restart.
Hi,

You can download that same Conexant Smartaudio driver from the manufacturers support site. (HP, Dell, Lenovo, Asus) All you need is the model/ serial number of your laptop. But do try this troubleshooting steps that may help in resolving that issue.
- Press the Windows key + R and type in "devmgmt.msc" in the box that should appear and click OK
- Once Device Manager is open expand where it says "Sound,video and game controllers right click on what's listed and select Uninstall.
- Restart your laptop and that should reinstall the sound driver back automatically upon restart.

Solution
Oct 7, 2015

Oct 7, 2015

Oct 7, 2015
Hi Laptop_Nerd, thank you so much for your help! I am actually going to contact KnowHow Cloud tomorrow because I installed that today and I think my problems started from there. I did half of what you said but got a bit confused when I went onto the manufacturers site....
But thank you so much anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.