Question confused about buying a new laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 31, 2019
Hi guys
i had this hp laptop for so many years a i was satisfied with it :
hp pavilion dv6
intel core i7 2760Qm 2.20 GHZ 8.00 G ram
but now im going to university and i need to run some programs like photoshop and solidworks and microsoft visual and .... but my laptop cant run them appropriately and im starting to get a new one but i dont know where to start from
for example which price range should i look for and which models and what system do i require and ....
see : i have to buy one so i could work with it for atleast 4 or 5 years and it should support
every where i go they just say numbers like ram and graphic card and ..... but i dont know how do they work in real action .
so please help cause i dont have a clue
thank you for your time

To run solidworks well you need a mid range gaming system or a workstation class laptop, will be at least near $1,000 range for anything decent with a good size solid state drive.

Post a link to where you can purchase things from, preferably on a site in English so people can give you some suggestions. Really any "gaming" laptop that has a dedicated video card will be OK. Those start about $750, at least in US. In the $1,000 range you will have better screens, larger solid state drives, faster CPUs and video cards.

Aug 31, 2019
To run solidworks well you need a mid range gaming system or a workstation class laptop, will be at least near $1,000 range for anything decent with a good size solid state drive.

Post a link to where you can purchase things from, preferably on a site in English so people can give you some suggestions. Really any "gaming" laptop that has a dedicated video card will be OK. Those start about $750, at least in US. In the $1,000 range you will have better screens, larger solid state drives, faster CPUs and video cards.
can you give me an example please ?

Status
Not open for further replies.