Confused between a toshiba and a lenovo

MegaStrike

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
I'm looking for a laptop as my PC is getting too old and after a lot of searching,I settled on 2 laptops that I can't choose between.My uses are web browsing,documenting,videos,music and maybe some casual gaming.Here are the 2(both are priced nearly the same),I can't paste text for some reason so I won't go too deep in the specs:

Toshiba Satellite C850-A823
Core i5 -320GB HD-4GB RAM-AMD Radeon 7610m

Lenovo ideapad g580
Core i5 -500GB HD-4GB RAM-NVIDIA Geforce 610M(some other local stores list it as 620M with the same price so I'm not so sure about the model number)

I think both are close spec-wise but I'm not sure which is more reliable,got better battery life,overheats less etc.I couldn't find any reviews for the toshiba but I found some for the G580 and the main complaints about it are the touchpad and below average battery life.

Solution
They are both ib cpus. G580 is not the full model number there should be a - and more numbers/letters like the c850 for more exact specs. They are both close spec wise, similar battery life 4 hours, both reliable but as you said the lenovo g580 can have touchpad issues.

k1114

Distinguished
They are both ib cpus. G580 is not the full model number there should be a - and more numbers/letters like the c850 for more exact specs. They are both close spec wise, similar battery life 4 hours, both reliable but as you said the lenovo g580 can have touchpad issues.

Solution

MegaStrike

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
@lxgoldsmith They both got an i5-3210M and same clockspeed(2.5ghz)
@k1114 Well I just read that toshiba's keyboards flex.Guess I have to go to an actual store and try out both and see which is more annoying lenovo's toucbpad or toshiba's keyboard.But what about overheating ? I read in a g580 review that under full load,temperature can reach 47.1c at the palm rest,not sure about the toshiba tho.