connect a laptop to projector with hdmi and also get sound from surround system

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

yorks

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013
I am trying to connect my Fujitsu laptop to an Epson projector via HDMI and also the laptop to a Samsung home theatre system. As soon as I switch to view via the projector the sound switches from the surround to the projector?any help would be appreciated. Laptop only has one HDMI port btw

lizwhitlock

Prominent
Jan 31, 2018
This solved my problem! In a PowerPoint presentation on my Lenovo laptop, I was going to have either a choppy video with sound using a USB A/B cable, or a smooth video with no sound using an HDMI cable. I l followed your directions as best I could--when I right-clicked on my volume control I went directly to "playback devices," not "settings" first--and just picked a different option (I didn't know which one to pick), and set that as the default. I had my Bose speaker connected already when I did this. Then I hooked up the projector to the laptop with the PowerPoint already on the laptop first, and it worked! I had already called a computer IT service first which told me that HDMI was the only connection I had that would smooth out the video, but they didn't know how to get the sound to work. I am overjoyed that now I will have a smooth video with audio in my PowerPoint. Thank you so much!

Jun 2, 2018

Please let me know the pictorial demonstration.

Jun 2, 2018

It would be helpful if you share the pictures, how to choose and set as default.