Connect Amp to Receiver

May 12, 2018
I have a Denon receiver (AVR-X2000) and an Amp (Carver TFM35), I connected pre-out on back of receiver to input on Amp, then connected R/L channels to my speakers, played music from my tv connected to receiver via HDMI, but there was no sound came out. What did I do wrong? Or what I have to do on my receiver setting to make it work? I want listen to music only. Thanks in advance for your help.

Solution
That receiver doesn't have a front preamp output it has a zone 2 preamp output. You would have to select your source and set the volume using the zone 2 controls. It might not work with any inputs that are digital.
If you get a speaker to line level converter that will connect to the front left right speaker terminals. Then you would use the receiver normally.
That receiver doesn't have a front preamp output it has a zone 2 preamp output. You would have to select your source and set the volume using the zone 2 controls. It might not work with any inputs that are digital.
If you get a speaker to line level converter that will connect to the front left right speaker terminals. Then you would use the receiver normally.

Solution