Connect Blu-Ray Player to an old Technics AV Receiver (no HDMI) on a Samsung HDTV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 2, 2018
Hi there.

I have been reading a lot and I still can't figure out exactly what I need to get those 3 equipments to work together.

Basically, I want to be able to play Blu-ray Discs and use my Technics Receiver to play the audio.

These are the specs from each device:

TV Samsung LN40C630:
4 HDMI ports
Several RCA ports
1 "Audio out"
1 DIGITAL Audio Out"

Sony Blu-Ray BDP-S6700
1 HDMI
1 DIGITAL OUT (COAXIAL)

Technics AV Receiver SA-AX530
Several RCA plugs for different devices (DVD player, CD player, VCR etc (No HDMI)

I appreciate if any of you could tell what converter/adapter/cables I should get and how to set up everything.

Thank you

Solution
There are a few ways you can do this.

The easiest/simplest way is....go from the HDMI output of the blue ray player to an HDMI input of the TV.

Then go from the TVs audio out (not the digital audio out) with a stereo 1/8" plug to two RCA plugs.

https://www.amazon.com/Hosa-CMR-206-Stereo-Breakout-Cable/dp/B000068O33/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1533210887&sr=8-1&keywords=1%2F8+inch+to+rca+cable

Then connect the RCA plugs to one of the inputs on the receiver.

The CD player or DVD player inputs should work.
There are a few ways you can do this.

The easiest/simplest way is....go from the HDMI output of the blue ray player to an HDMI input of the TV.

Then go from the TVs audio out (not the digital audio out) with a stereo 1/8" plug to two RCA plugs.

https://www.amazon.com/Hosa-CMR-206-Stereo-Breakout-Cable/dp/B000068O33/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1533210887&sr=8-1&keywords=1%2F8+inch+to+rca+cable

Then connect the RCA plugs to one of the inputs on the receiver.

The CD player or DVD player inputs should work.

Solution
Aug 2, 2018
I ended up buying a DAC and it works like a charm. Now I am able not only to use the BD-player with the speakers, but with the Apple TV as well. I only wish I could still use the TV / BD remote to control the volume. I am forced to use the AV Receiver's remote

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.