Connect broken screen lap top to Sony flat screen tv

Oct 17, 2018
Screen is messed up on lap top I have a small Sony tv can I connect the two so I can still use sort of speak my lap top?

hang-the-9

Titan
Should be able to, laptop should have a video out, TV would have video in, get a cable to connect the two like you would a normal monitor. You may need to use the function keys on the laptop to swap to the second screen.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
wredroom.exe Laptop Tech Support 5
A Laptop Tech Support 2
K Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 4
C Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 4
L Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 3
B Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 4
O Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 2
2 Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
Similar threads
Question Broken laptop screen wont connect to external display
Solved! How can I connect my Hp 620 laptop which screen is broken and display is showing nothing to a TV using HDMI cable
Laptop with Broken Screen Won't Connect with an External Monitor
Broken laptop screen , can't connect to a 2nd monitor using hdmi or vga
Laptop with broken screen won't connect to external display
(tried everything) Can't connect broken laptop screen to external monitor
My laptop screen is broken and I have been connecting in to an tv screen but when I loaded it today the screen was white and t
Connect laptop with broken screen to another laptop that works perfectly fine
I have a laptop with a broken screen and I’m trying to get the HDMI cable to work by using it to connect my laptop to a smal
Laptop with broken screen won't connect to external monitor. Need to tell Laptop to be in Extend mode but screen broken so I
Toshiba Satellite Laptop has broken screen (no visual) and won’t connect to external monitor
i am trying to connect my new laptop to my old broken screen hp to get my pictures with hdmi. How do i do that? Thanks
Asus with broken screen not working even after connecting to TV via HDMI
So I have a Windows 8 Laptop with a broken screen that I use connected to an hdmi cord to the tv, My youngest sister threw a
Have broken hp laptop screen want to connect external monitor
how can i connect my broken screen HD laptop to my tv using HDMI with combination
Laptop with broken screen connected to tv shows mouse moving but have black screen
Screen connection broken
Using TV as monitor for a laptop with broken screen. Accidently deleted drivers and now it won't connect to TV. HELP?
HDMI not connecting after full reset Windows 10 (broken screen)

ASK THE COMMUNITY