Connect DVD/VCR recorder to cable box.

wendysue44

Estimable
Jun 7, 2015
i am trying to hook up a dvd/vcr recorder to my cable box but all the output rca connections are being used by six lines that run into my television. Would I be able to connect my cable box/dvr to my television using a hdmi cable and then connect the dvd/vcr recorder with the rca cables?
Thanks in advance!

You will get a better picture using HDMI so that will be good. You say six RCA cables so I assume that you are using component video +audio (5 RCA cables). The component out on most cable boxes shuts down when you use HDMI. You can connect the DVDR using composite video+ audio.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
V Streaming Video & TVs 2
T Streaming Video & TVs 12
S Streaming Video & TVs 4
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 3
T Streaming Video & TVs 6
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 4
J Streaming Video & TVs 2
C Streaming Video & TVs 7
H Streaming Video & TVs 1
W Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 3
N Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 3
G Streaming Video & TVs 5
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
Similar threads
connect dvd recorder
Solved! Connect a panasonic dmr-es40v dubbing dvd recorder vhs recorder to a Samsung HDMI smart TV
Connecting LiteOn DVD recorder to new vizio d24f-f1.
Connect directv to older Panasonic DVD Recorder
How do I connect a samsung blu ray player to a toshiba dvd recorder and an android box to the same dvd recorder... I purchased
Connecting old recorder to tv
How to connect STB to Blu Ray recorder
Vizio TV model D50U-D1 I'm trying to connect to my old Sylvania Video cassette recorder & DVD player model # SRD3900.
how can I connect a DVR to my cable box to record programs for later viewing on my TV
get my toshiba dvd recorder to once again connect to my television and comcast cable
Have older DVD recorder and surround sound. No hdmi connection. How do I hook them up to my cable box and had tv?
i havd a dvd recorder with rca inputs i want to connect to a cable box with hdmi output
DVD/VCR has HDMI connection, Cable box has HDMI connection how do I record from cable box to DVD/VCR?
what are the connections of a viera panasonic tv to a dvd/vhs recorder using an air antena no paid cable?
how to connect Magnavox dvd recorder to smart tv and cable, won't record anything??
I need to connect a DVD recorder to my flat screen.
I have a DVD Player/Recorder with only compositve cables and a tv with only HDMI, how can I connect the DVD Player?
I have a Toshiba DVR620KU and have it connected to my TV and my cable box. I can view vhs and dvd but cannot record on either.
I'm trying to connect a 32" Samsung Smart TV to a Samsung VHS recorder/DVD player. What cable do I need?
Solved! How to connect vcr dvd recorder cable box/dvr to hd tv

ASK THE COMMUNITY