Solved! Connect hdmi arc tv to a non-arc home theatre

Mar 13, 2019
Hello, I want to connect my new LG TV with HDMI-ARC port to my old DVD without HDMI-ARC port. In the moment when i connect it with HDMI cable i was able to control the volume of my dvd system from my TV remote and when i turn on/off the TV my DVD turns on/off also, but I can't get any sound from the speakers... The TV is LG SK8500 and the DVD is Sony DAV-DZ230.
Is there way to get sound with the HDMI cable, because I want to get rid of the second remote and to use only one remote.

Thanks for help... :)

Solution
Both the TV and DVD HTS have to support ARC so that won't work for you
Since the Sony only has an analog input, on the front panel, your only option is to use the headphone/line level output of the TV.
You can purchase a Logitech Harmony remote that can operate both the TV and DVD/HTS.
Both the TV and DVD HTS have to support ARC so that won't work for you
Since the Sony only has an analog input, on the front panel, your only option is to use the headphone/line level output of the TV.
You can purchase a Logitech Harmony remote that can operate both the TV and DVD/HTS.

Solution
Not it wont.
The LG remote would control the Sony volume only if it had ARC. An ARC audio extractor doesn't change that.
if you leave the analog output of the TV set for headphone then it will be a variable output controlled by the LG remote.
You do have to make sure not to overload the input of the Sony. If the TV volume is too loud you will hear distortion regardless of what level the Sony is set. You can turn the Sony up rather than the TV to get the levels where you want it and use the LG remote after than.