Connect HDTV so that it's sound comes out of JVC Receiver speakers

corinnechaplin

Prominent
Dec 31, 2017
Hi, I have a JVC DVD Cassette receiver (model # CA-DXU 10) that I want to connect to my new HD ULTRA 4K TV (Model # PT5506UHD) so that when I press and select "AUX" on the stereo, the sound comes through the stereo sound system speakers. It worked on my last digital tv fine but not this new tv. Could you please help me to achieve this?
Code:

kanewolf

Judicious
The JVC doesn't support surround sound input. Only stereo input. It has an optical connector, but it is an OUTPUT according to the user's manual (which seems odd to me). So you will have to use analog RCA aux inputs. I can't find a manual or pictures of the TV set to tell you what you have to connect to on the TV side ...

kanewolf

Judicious
The JVC doesn't support surround sound input. Only stereo input. It has an optical connector, but it is an OUTPUT according to the user's manual (which seems odd to me). So you will have to use analog RCA aux inputs. I can't find a manual or pictures of the TV set to tell you what you have to connect to on the TV side ...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Audio 1
J Audio 9
D Audio 4
M Audio 3
L Audio 1
B Audio 1
P Audio 1
H Audio 1
V Audio 2
D Audio 2
E Audio 1
B Audio 3
R Audio 4
B Audio 1
N Audio 2
T Audio 2
C Audio 2
J Audio 2
E Audio 3
A Audio 2
Similar threads
Question How to connect a Rockville EQ to a Yamaha RX-V567 Natural Sound AV Receiver/Amp with Polk Audio Surround speakers
Question How do I connect an older Yamaha AV receiver with no optical or HDMI, only RCA, to my TV and able to play sounds.
Question Connecting soundbar and audio receiver with surround sound to tv
Solved! Yamaha RX-V467 digital receiver to connect sound from Toshiba TV that uses WLAN for built in VUDU app?
How to connect Sony STR-DN1080 receiver, HT-ST5000 sound bar, and XBR-75Z9D TV?
Have a Bluetooth receiver from a small 2 speaker sound bar want to wire it to aux cable to connect phone Bluetooth to non Blue
How to connect JVC TV sound through old Onkyo receiver
How do I connect Xfinity X1 DVR cable box to old Yamaha RX-V2300 component receiver for 5.1 surround sound? No HDMI port on re
Yamaha AV receiver&Samsung sound bar&LGSmart Tv how do I connect
how to connect a samsung un55ks8000fxza to a yamaha rx-v560 receiver for sound
Why am I not getting any sound thru my Onkyo TX-8220 receiver? All connections have been tested and correctly connected. No so
how to connect Ht-RT40 sur sound to onkyo 676 receiver?
I am trying to connect my surround sound system to my direct tv receiver so that I can have surround sound while watching tv.
Recently I have bought logitech z506 speakers, while connecting to DTH receiver rca cable, it gives humming sound, with no inp
Amazon fire connected to projector, need solution to surround sound on yamaha receiver
Any cinema receiver with a optical out could I use it to connect to my Yamaha ysp 5100 sound bar for 5.1 ?
Surround Sound Receiver - TV connectivity
I have a yamaha rxv793 receiver and a samsung 65" 4k tv. how to I connect them to use surround sound
How to connect my LG tv to my LG LTH1000 DVD RECEIVER TO HEAR SOUND IN ITS SUBWOOFER
How to connect old receiver to HDTV for surround sound

ASK THE COMMUNITY