Connect my new Pioneer vsx-45 reciever to my samsung hw-j soundbar6501

chilli50

Estimable
Jan 16, 2016
I have tv, sat, and soundbar working, waiting on Direct to upgrade my sat box to HD so do not have HDMI on box yet. I want to play my reciever ( radio, spotify,internet radio, etc ) on my new sounbar as well as outdoor speakers (they work fron reciever now) I cant get sound from receiver only sat tv

Solution
You are trying to connect components that are not meant to work together. Here are a couple of possible ways.
1. Connect the headphone out of the receiver to the audio input on the soundbar. You will need an aux input on the soundbar.
2. Try connecting the HDMI out of the receiver to the TV. Check if it will output audio over the HDMI to the TV and then into the soundbar. You may have to set a menu in the receiver to send audio to the TV and the on screen display of the receiver may have to be on when you switch to that input on the TV (some TVs won't go to an input without a video signal.
You are trying to connect components that are not meant to work together. Here are a couple of possible ways.
1. Connect the headphone out of the receiver to the audio input on the soundbar. You will need an aux input on the soundbar.
2. Try connecting the HDMI out of the receiver to the TV. Check if it will output audio over the HDMI to the TV and then into the soundbar. You may have to set a menu in the receiver to send audio to the TV and the on screen display of the receiver may have to be on when you switch to that input on the TV (some TVs won't go to an input without a video signal.

Solution