Connect PC to TV and Surround sound

whichoalva

Estimable
Dec 14, 2015
Hello Everyone,
Here is my question.
I want to connect my PC to my UHD TV and have the sound come from the 5.1 surround sound.
On the PC I am using an AMD Radeon R270X video card, has HDMI and display port.
TV - VIZIO M49-C1 49-Inch 4k Ultra HD Smart LED HDTV
Sound system is LG HT762PZ DVD Receiver. It's got only one HDMI output port.

Can you confirm that I can use the HDMI ports to connect the three of them?
Thanks for your advise.

you might want to check your manual if the sound system has hdmi(arc) support but i did not see it. if it does, check if your tv has it as well.

if not, you can at minimum have 2.0 sound out of the speaker system (via optical or 3.5mm->rca r+w from your pc). some models might support 5.1 over optical but i'm not sure if yours does.

htib (home theater in a box) units tend to be rather iffy when it comes to aux sources connecting up to them for surround sound. they often cheap out and do not have it as an option even if they have the jacks for it. i've seen things as silly as units with a hdmi input not having more than 2.0 over hdmi supported.

whichoalva

Estimable
Dec 14, 2015
Thanks for the reply SSDDX,
I am sure that the sound system does not have an ARC HDMI Port. The TV probably does, it came with a few HDMI ones, so I'll go through the manual and see.
Would it help, if I were to get this sound system?
http://www.costco.ca/Vizio-SB4051-C0-40-inch-Soundbar-with-Wireless-Subwoofer.product.100176711.html

Yes, I was using the sound system from my PC though the on-board SPDIF port and only the front speakers would work.
Anyway, I'll try it out and see how it goes.
But if the link above is a better option, I really appreciate your feed back.
Thanks!

whichoalva

Estimable
Dec 14, 2015
I checked the TV and it does come with an HDMI ARC Audio Out port. I'll test it out. thanks.
To confirm - two HDMI cables should be used, correct? one from the TV (HDMI arc) to the sound bar arc port and the other one from my GPU to any other available HDMI port on the TV?