connect Philips HTB3510 to a pc?

kraken501

Honorable
Jul 27, 2013
hello,

i want to make a 5.1 home cinema on my pc.
now i searched for a good 5.1 pc speaker.
but there are not many of them.
so i saw these. (Philips HTB3510)
these are not for the pc but there comes a blu-ray player with it.
can i connect these speakers to a pc without too much money?? (amp/receiver)
sorry for my bad english.

Thank you

Solution
No.

The speakers connect directly the the BluRay player so it also has a built-in amplifier to run them.

However the HDMI connection would go to a compatible monitor or HDTV but I see no HDMI input to use as passthrough so there's no way to connect this to a PC.

So basically the speakers appear to ONLY work when watching a movie on the BluRay player which is the stupidest idea I've ever hears. Maybe someone can prove me wrong.

That's based on the Quickstart Guide but with no actual video INPUT I don't see how I can be wrong:
http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/h/htb3510_40/htb3510_40_qsg_eng.pdf
No.

The speakers connect directly the the BluRay player so it also has a built-in amplifier to run them.

However the HDMI connection would go to a compatible monitor or HDTV but I see no HDMI input to use as passthrough so there's no way to connect this to a PC.

So basically the speakers appear to ONLY work when watching a movie on the BluRay player which is the stupidest idea I've ever hears. Maybe someone can prove me wrong.

That's based on the Quickstart Guide but with no actual video INPUT I don't see how I can be wrong:
http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/h/htb3510_40/htb3510_40_qsg_eng.pdf

Solution

ZakFlow

Estimable
Apr 12, 2014

That's all BS.

I am currently listening to my computer's songs with the Philips HTB3510 I bought yesterday
Works perfectly fine

You just need to use a Jack to Jack (3.5mm) cable (2€ on ebay) and connect your computer to the home cinema, then you set the home cinema on "Audio" with the "source" button
It works like a normal sound system for computer

I hope it will help people

Yes, but then you only have a STEREO signal into the 5.1 speaker setup. You don't have Surround Sound.

He said "i want to make a 5.1 home cinema on my pc" and that's not possible.

Danny Hamlin

Estimable
Jul 7, 2014
Get a sound card with optical or spdif output then you will have 5.1 on your pc with this unit. I have this unit and can prove it works! Totally possible, it will also stream your music over a local network or from your wifi enabled phone....

TRENDING THREADS