Connect PS3 and TV tonllay through receiver

Aug 24, 2018
Okay.
I have a TV, a cable box, a pS3 and a receiver.

The PS3 is recent addition..
I have digital opitcal from PS3 to receive and digital optical from cable to receiver.
The receiver only has 1 digital in Port.
So...I bought a splitter. However... I can't get it to work.
I can plug digial direct into receiver port and it works. It plug digital direct from cable to receiver. But splitter nope... On even just 1 digital plugged into splitter and plugged in. Can I not use a splitter to connect both to receiver? Sorry...lame...

Solution
Rule of thumb: can do One Output to Two Inputs, CANNOT do Two Outputs to One Input. You maybe able to get away with it by making sure only the active output is powered on, no guarantee.

Option 2: if receiver has a RCA (RF) Digital in, can use a Toslink-to-RF converter. But this must be a totally separate and selectable 2nd digital input.

You use an optical audio input selector not a splitter to connect two sources to one input.
https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Toslink-Splitter-Cable-Black-Video-Game/dp/B06ZZ2BC9X/ref=pd_cp_23_2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=fcaa6d12-8b2b-4ad7-b277-864b2da79f6e&pf_rd_r=5ZDEZA2TF1598WZ559NG&pd_rd_wg=KoYHk&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&pd_rd_w=MHwtT&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pd_rd_r=f0a50d69-aaf8-11e8-861c-cd06ea1130b1&pd_rd_i=B06ZZ2BC9X&psc=1&refRID=5ZDEZA2TF1598WZ559NG&dpID=41BL6lhcBQL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=detail
As an alternative you could connect all your sources directly to the TV and connect the TV audio output to the receiver.
You could also convert optical to coax digital audio if the receiver has a coax digital audio input. Might be more convenient than the manual switch,

Solution

TRENDING THREADS