connect reciever to Lg flatscreen

David_383

Commendable
Jul 11, 2016
I have a sony model no strde697
Im trying to connect my sony LG 37LH20
My goal is trying to get tv sound everything to go through my speakers.
The reciever has no hdmi inputs.
Please help.

Solution
Your TV has an optical audio output and your receiver optical audio input so you just need a cable, Follow the manual for the TV and receiver.
You may have to turn the TV speakers off and set the audio output to surround sound on the TV. On the receiver you may have to assign the digital connection to an input (optical 1 to Video 1 for example). Select Dolby Digital as your surround mode.
You could either use the headphone output and use a 3.5mm to RCA cable and put the red and white on any input

Or get a toslink to coax digital and take a toslink output from the DVD and got digital into the receiver into one of the yellow ports on the left

5eb1c321_STRDE697.jpeg

Your TV has an optical audio output and your receiver optical audio input so you just need a cable, Follow the manual for the TV and receiver.
You may have to turn the TV speakers off and set the audio output to surround sound on the TV. On the receiver you may have to assign the digital connection to an input (optical 1 to Video 1 for example). Select Dolby Digital as your surround mode.

Solution