Question Connect SNES to modern Samsung Smart TV

Mar 11, 2021
Hi!

Situation:
I have acquired an original PAL Super Nintendo (European Super Famicom). It comes with a white-branded (non-original) Multi OUT - SCART cable. My modern Samsung Smart TV (UE49ku6670U) doesn't have any SCART input, so I can not use it as is.

I decided to test the SNES in a neighbour TV, that has SCART input, and it worked like a charm. So, the SNES and the Multi OUT - SCART cable work.

Question:
I have a PAL Nintendo 64, which has the same Muti OUT output socket, and a Nintendo original Multi OUT - RCA cable. You know, red (right audio), white (left audio) and yellow (composite video) coaxial connectors. Additionally, my TV has some jack adaptors to connect composite cables. The yellow and blue jack input connectors like in this photo (not exactly same model, but same connectors):

And this cable to connect from RCA to the yellow jack.

With my N64, this setup works and I see image and hear stereo audio.

I supposed that my SNES could use the same connectors and the same setup, (as officially stated here), but when I plug SNES instead of N64, no image or audio appear, and TV says "No signal". So, console works, connectors work, TV works, but SNES setup doesn't.

Why is this happening? What could be the solution (not acquiring more hardware)?

I know I may buy any Multi OUT - HDMI or similar connectors for less than 30 €, but I want to know why this setup doesn't work. I have read lots of Internet information about Nintendo Multi OUT socket and cables, and fins out lots of contradictory conclusions...

Thank you!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Streaming Video & TVs 0
thiccionary Streaming Video & TVs 0
K Streaming Video & TVs 0
Wendlle Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 4
B Streaming Video & TVs 5
G Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 0
Izare Streaming Video & TVs 5
R Streaming Video & TVs 4