Connect soundbar and TV with no Arc

Aug 12, 2018
I was trying to connect my TV (x900f) with a soundbar (ht s100f) via hdmi-optical but it doesn't work (via hdmi-arc works fine tho) . What might be the problem??? Changed to pcm audio, tried 3 different hdmi cables*

Solution
TV to SB optical only should work. If you use HDMI ARC here, HDMI cable itself can carry video+audio, so why would they give you an optical connection? one would surmise because you can/don't want to use HDMI here and use optical instead. SB needs no video information, and the only reason for an HDMI connector to exist on SB is because of the ARC feature.

Unfortunately that's all I have to contribute.

Maybe ^that is your problem.

There is no such thing as HDMI-Optical. Optical is a single fiber cable connection, no HDMI involved, and u tell SB to listen to the optical port, often time referred to as Toslink.

Aug 12, 2018

So, I have to use the optical cable only? ? The manual saya I have to use both hdmi and optical.

Aug 12, 2018
All common resolutions are supported. 4k @ 60 Hz @ 4:4:4 or 4:2:2 is only possible on HDMI inputs 2 and 3, and only when 'HDMI Enhanced Format' is enabled. 4:4:4 chroma subsampling is only shown properly in the 'Game' and 'Graphics' picture modes.

My plan was to use port 2 for the ps4 and port 3 for the pc but that port has the arc thing.

TV to SB optical only should work. If you use HDMI ARC here, HDMI cable itself can carry video+audio, so why would they give you an optical connection? one would surmise because you can/don't want to use HDMI here and use optical instead. SB needs no video information, and the only reason for an HDMI connector to exist on SB is because of the ARC feature.

Unfortunately that's all I have to contribute.

Solution