Connect soundbar without wifi

Sremantas

Estimable
Sep 27, 2015
I am trying to connect a soundbar to a Sharp smart tv. There is no wifi where the tv and soundbar are located. (My boyfriend's parents are both 80 and are not interested.) Do I need wifi for this soundbar to work? (It does have the wireless subwoofer but I am told that functionality is in the unit already). Is there anyway I can "wire up" the unit to the TV if I do need wifi? And if not, does anyone know of a soundbar that can work without wifi so I can switch it out for them ? Any help would be appreciated. :)

Solution
A model number would help but I think it is safe to say that the soundbar doesn't have or need wifi to work.
The subwoofer probably used bluetooth to connect to the soundbar. In many cases you also have the option of wiring the sub directly to the soundbar with a single audio cable.
The soundbar would connect directly to the TV. The most common connection would be digital optical audio. If the TV has a headphone or analog audio output then the soundbar could connect there. The last option is HDMI ARC (audio return channel) but you would have to have that feature in both the TV and soundbar to use it.
Be aware that they will likely have to use the soundbar remote to adjust volume as the audio output of the TV (with the exception of...
A model number would help but I think it is safe to say that the soundbar doesn't have or need wifi to work.
The subwoofer probably used bluetooth to connect to the soundbar. In many cases you also have the option of wiring the sub directly to the soundbar with a single audio cable.
The soundbar would connect directly to the TV. The most common connection would be digital optical audio. If the TV has a headphone or analog audio output then the soundbar could connect there. The last option is HDMI ARC (audio return channel) but you would have to have that feature in both the TV and soundbar to use it.
Be aware that they will likely have to use the soundbar remote to adjust volume as the audio output of the TV (with the exception of headphone out) is fixed and cannot be controlled by the TV remote. In some cases if the TV and soundbar are from the same maker the TV remote will operate the soundbar. You might have to turn the internal TV speakers off.

Solution

Sremantas

Estimable
Sep 27, 2015
Thank you for your response. The thing is I did connect it via the ARC and it worked although it was difficult to connect. It seemed like it was very finicky. :) technical term. :) now it won't work at all. I guess it must be the unit. I hooked up my soundbar at home in 10 minutes without incident. At one point I couldn't even get the new SB to play music while attached to my phone via aux cable. Thank You again for the help. Regards.